Brief Description: Pilot throttle quadrant mod and tank bracket-2
1. marked and cut the right side tank attach bracket F-863-1 using my trusty hacksaw. This took me nearly an hour and half! I then used the belt sander and then finally the scothbrite to finishup. Drilled holes in the cut out area of flange and then final cut with the dremel. Finished up that cut out with files. All that is left is the 1 inch hole in the face but I can do that during fitting.
2. On my throttle quadrant, I need to move the whole quadrant outboard 1/2 inch to line up with rear seat throttle line. I began by cutting a 5 inch length of 3/4X3/4X1/8 aluminum angle that will be used to fill in the 1/2 inch gap on surface. I clamped to the bracket and marked and drilled to #10 for the An3 bolts. I then removed a 1/4 inch strip from the angle so that it will be 1/2 inch wide. Sanded flat and finished with scotchbrite.
3. Made 2 aluminum spacers 3/8 inch in length that will bridg the gap between the angle and the throttle cover plate. I first tried using nylon for the spacers but they didnt fit real well and required too much trimming.
4. Made 3 nylon spacers 1/2 inch thick and then drilled to #10
5. assembled the throttle quadrant. I noticed that the center bottom bolt for the tension knob needs to be threaded about 1/8 inch so I will do that next time.
next will install in the fuselage and try to finish the rear throttle link.
left and right tank attach brackets
front throttle quad with fabricated spacers and aluminum angle
throtthe quad assembled. note the angle that closes up the gap