Brief Description: Removed Left Wing Panel from Jig
Today I reached my first major milestone. I removed the fully assembled left wing panel from the jig and installed the aileron for trial fit. I placed the wing panel on saw horses so I could inspect it in the bright sunlight. It looks great... we measured from spar to spar (corner to corner and front to rear)... less than 1/8" difference... I'm satisfied with that. The ailerons fit perfectly and rotated smoothly.
I checked the jig with my water level and found that it is still right where we locked it down before starting on the left panel. Perfect! After a few other details on the left wing, I'll be ready to square up the right wing spars and get it assembled.