1) this is good and tight, maybe too tight. I shall see what actually buckles when Sirpeedee gets hot.
Just yet another work. Carefull eyes will notice that I have distained the cam lock fasteners around the cowling, except for the doors and doorlett. I have used flathead maching screws, nutplates anddimpled washers (to spread the load onto the fiberglass) around the windscreen. As some know, one would have to order 6 eash of all the different lengths to actually fit the camlocks properly to be tight, yet loose enough to be able to come undone when wanted. I did use some rubber leal material under the aft edge to reias it to the level of the windscreen. It seems to work. As with all here on a scratch built item, we...I ...shall see.