KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Jim's Web Site
' style=
Date:  11-28-2015
Number of Hours:  6.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  

Setting up the main gear tow in worked very well. The Loctite 680 did its job, and with my friend Bill Hayllar's help, and his Bridgeport's help as well, we got the holes drilled in the main gear legs. The quarter inch carbide bit lasted well until the third pair of holes, and barely made it through the last pair. $26 for one bit, that now is toast. Don't know what we could have done different, but that task is done.

Also since last post I've been installing the flap torque tube, busings, etc. My kit is quite old, and had the two halves of the toeque tube with mating flanges welded on, which required the wing fairing rib to be slotted, taking out a lot of structure. The later versions have a coupler which joins the two halves in the middle, and mounts the control arm. I got a coupler from Lancair, and today cut off the flanges from my tubes, so that they can be inserted from the side without the slot in the rib. I like that a lot better. Not finished yet, but will be soon. Only real problem is excess friction between the tubes and the bushings. It's not in the alignment. Even unmounted, the bushing is difficult to turn. I think that I'll polish the tubes to see if that helps.
' style=

Gear legs drilled out with mock up bolts

Gear legs drilled out with mock up bolts

' style=

Right flap torque tube with busing mounted

Right flap torque tube with busing mounted

' style=

Lots of work in progress

Lots of work in progress

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.