When I purchased this project, it had literally been sitting for 10 years untouched. The previous builder did not treat any of the metal so naturally I've decided to go through and remove ALL the hardware and replace corroded or worn parts and I'm glad I did. One of the universal joints ($80 part) had a boot that was torn which calls for replacement. Other minor headaches were stiff hinges, limited aileron throw, and aluminum tubing that has been known to melt during an engine fire, calling for steel replacements. I also noticed that while the winglets were installed with fantastic precision, the lower portions were not, which may lead to me removing them completely. However I am now ready to treat and update all the metal parts in both wings.