Brief Description: Finished proseal attaching stiffeners, gas cap and
Finished proseal attaching stiffeners, gas cap and drain that remained from yesterday.
Wet riveted the stiffeners from yesterday. The process seems to work well though there are some issues that I had to work out. One of them was that the proseal that oozed into the rivet hole may have kept some of the rivets from seatin as well as I would have liked. I started to rub some of the proseal from the hole with a tongue depressor prior to wet riveting. This may have helped. There may be an issue with my riveting. It did improve as I went along. Some of the rivets had to be re-bucked to get them flusher. Tomorrow, I'll finish this task before I rivet the rest of the stiffeners, the gas cap flange, and the drain. I'll also put a dab of proseal on each rivet shop head. Before I do the left tank stiffeners, I will gently countersink the holes again to improve the flushness of the rivets' seating.