I started with the right elevator and trimmed the tip to fit, then drilled and clecoed it into place. After final-drilling, I dimpled the skins, countersunk the tips, and riveted it in place with CS4-4 rivets. Then I added the HS tip. Using the elevator tip as a guide, I trimmed the HS tip to clear. Then, needing a fiberglass break, I trimmed the rubber seal for the fairings under the HS and then fitted them in place before drilling the aft two holes. I also trial-fitted the upper intersection fairing (that's going to need some work).
Rivet count: 22 (0 redo, 535 total redone) Total: 17162 - Plus 549 done at Van's