KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Patrick Kelley (Flion)
' style=
Date:  12-12-2009
Number of Hours:  1.50
Manual Reference:  9-8 to 9-9.7
Brief Description:  Tailcone miscellaney and dimpling the right elevat

The lack of activity lately occurred because I needed to repair the starter and ring gear in my -6A and also do it's annual condition inspection. While I was waiting, and with proposed changes to the battery mount in mind, I researched what other systems would have to go behind the baggage bulkhead. Turns out it was a good thing I didn't start riveting the tailcone because the A/C and Oxy systems will require a bit ot work. In the meantime, I have sheared some 12"x4"x.063" pieces to send out to get pressed into channel blanks so that I can rework the battery mount. I retained enough .063 to do a new mount plate in the tail and also pitch servo mount.

So, since the special dimpling tool I had ordered has arrived, I turned my attention back to the elevators. I dimpled the spars and rib part for the right elevator, including the root and tip ribs. All edges were deburred. All that remains before beginning riveting is to countersink the trailing edge wedge and to mask and scuff the areas for bonding the foam ribs.
' style=





' style=




' style=




' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.