KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Patrick Kelley (Flion)
' style=
Date:  9-1-2017
Number of Hours:  5.00
Manual Reference:  None
Brief Description:  Built new mount for VP-X #1

I haven't really done nothing during the past month. Mostly I got the RV-6A flying again but I've also been attacking some engine issues and waiting for parts. With the RV-6A out of the way, I've started work again on the RV-10. The VP-X boxes that replace the VP-400 boxes don't fit the old mounts. The good news: they come with nice mounts that will be accessible from under the panel. The bad news: the new mounts have a different hole pattern than the old and, besides, I don't want them right on the firewall. So I ordered some .063 angle and fabricated mounts for the mounts. I planned this out last week and ordered the angle.

The first step was to make Z-brackets and mount them to the firewall. Then I made the cross-members and located them appropriately for the VP mount. Next, I assembled the VP mount to the #1 box and used it to determine positioning before drilling my mount and adding nutplates. Image 2 shows the new mount (left) and the old. The new is about twice the weight but very nice and easy access. Image 3 shows the box in position. Next up, the same mount for #2.

Rivet count: 24 (12 redo) Total: 17304 - Plus 549 done at Van's
' style=





' style=




' style=




' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.