KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Patrick Kelley (Flion)
' style=
Date:  7-17-2017
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  None
Brief Description:  Adding accessory case components

I should mention that this and the previous entry did not represent a single session, but were done in downtime while I worked on the RV-6A. While I've made a little progress here, mostly I've been waiting for parts to arrive as I discovered I need them. I removed the oil filter adapter and assembled the Airwolf remote adapter, and then discovered that the screws from the old adapter would not work on the bottom right of the new one. So I had to order studs, washers, and nuts. When they arrived, I installed the new adapter (the line fittings are only finger tight until I can determine their final clocking), and was pleased to see that the backup alternator fit (with minimal clearance). However, an electronic tach sensor will not (Image 3). I'll have to use a mechanical line and mount it somewhere aft.

I also needed shorter studs for the mag covers and, as it turned out, the toe clamps called for in a O-540 engine won't work so I'm waiting for ones from a O-360. In the meantime, I got the old studs pulled. removed the green tape and made sure the drive gears and pinion bearings were gone, then taped the covers in place. That's about all I can do until the initial fitting to the mount, when I can position fittings for the sensor lines and such.
' style=





' style=




' style=




' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.