I decided to put the avionics fans in the center, fore and aft of the subpanel. Every other place was simply too crowded or blocked from fresh air below the panel. Then I removed the engine mount and the VP-200 mounts and riveted the last rivets on the firewall for the panel ribs. After putting things back together, I dimpled the panel ribs and the forward deck skin. I also trimmed the opening for wires coming through the cabin brace. Finally, I clecoed the deck skin in place to test the fit of the forward NACA vents and so I can fit the dash vents when they arrive. While doing so, I also planned out the riveting sequence, since reaching some areas to buck will be difficult.
Rivet count: 22 (0 redo, 535 total redone) Total: 17140 - Plus 549 done at Van's