Now that the cabin top is in place, I want to be able to route the wires down the brace. I also want to be able to rivet the deck on with the avionics in place. So the first task was to trial fit the winshield in place (sans deck). This tells me that I can use a fairly large vent over the dash, which will also be enough space for me to reach my hand in for riveting.
Next I turned to the brace itself. I re-drilled the holes in the cabin top (still not perfect but the brace is centered now, and the drilled out for the spacers and installed them. I used a little CyA to tack them into place and then countersunk them flush with the surface; then sanded the area to smooth it out and countersunk again until the screws would be flush. I also needed to clear the flange in the deck where the wires would be coming in, so I cut the flange and then flattened it to the rib. Finally, I re-drilled the bolt hole it was now covering. The right side will have the antenna wires and the speaker wire if I can manage it. The other side had the angle in the way but I can route the light power up that side and probably the speaker wire if it won't go up with the antenna wires.