I finally bit the bullet and installed the controls for the cabin heat box today. After testing out the spacing on some scrap, I drilled the panel for the two controls. Then I threaded the cables through the firewall and set the adel clamps. When the cables were completely routed, I cut the housings with a cutoff wheel and then ran the center wire through the control ends. After setting the controls in the closed position and tightening the set screw I cut the ends to leave a little excess and bent the end with pliers to capture it and also gave it a curve so it would go over the heat box when closing it. Ops test, and all is good. I left room on the panel for the fuel purge; still considering leaving off the alternate air control.