Brief Description: Baggage bulkhead and right side panel
I started by installing the seat belt cables in the tailcone. Then I installed the lower bulkhead and drilled the side and center holes. Since I didn't have clecos to fit #19, I used #30 and K1000-8 nutplates to hold it in place as I drilled the remaining holes. I can't do the upper yet until I have the cabin top on to see how much I need to modify it to fit around the overhead console. Next I turned my attention to the right side panel. Because of the A/C hoses running down that side, I was unable to fit the original panel where it needed to be at the aft end. So I purchased another one and cut its bottom flange off with a 1.5" high section of the side. I flipped this over at the top of the original panel to create a new, non-tapered flange. Once it was dilled and clecoed to the panle, I trimmed the old flange off and then dimpled and riveted. The newly constructed panel fits perfectly and was installed per the plans for the original panel and drilled in place. The aft flange will be dimpled so as not to interfere with the baggage bulkhead (previously trimmed to clear the new panel.
Rivet count: 8 (0 redo, 530 total redone) Total: 17014 - Plus 549 done at Van's