When I went to install the rails I had mocked up yesterday, I discovered that the ignition boxes could not drop down far enough to clear them without running into the rudder pedals. The difference was only a couple of inches, so I removed that from the outer piece, which actually made it easier to locate and install the keeper screws at the bottom. Image 2 shows the box being placed at the bottom of the rail, ready to slide up. Image 3 shows it in final position. Notice also the caterpillar grommet at the rib lightening hole and the three BNC bulkhead connectors on the firewall. More on those in the second post for today. After getting the first box mounted, the second one on the other side was a piece of cake as I had already figured out the hard bits and could just cut and rivet the second set. Yesterday I subtracted the rivets from the original mounts I made up and today I will add back in the rivets for the new mounts (not counting the 4 rivets used for stops because they don't get squeezed or driven).
Rivet count: 36 Total: 15865 - Plus 549 done at Van's