I got the hinges back from the powder coater and reamed all the holes (they barely needed it). Then I assembled the nutplates onto the door plates before assembling the hinges. Next, I reassembled the hinges to the cabin top (using shorter screws for the rear hinges. I also put the copilot side door back on so I can do the latch work on the frame. On the other side, I located the strut mount, using the hinge as a guide and clamping assist (Image 2). I used a #22 drill to drill through the tapped holes in the mount and then back-drilled #12 before assembling the mount with AN3 bolts. This allowed me to drill the outboard hole, which was covered by the clamp previously. Having some questions about the mount and also the pin guides for the latch, I turned to more testing of the audio panel. First I put the center console in place and reattached the cables after routing them properly. Then I re-tested the audio but also added the NAV radios to the test and also the music input. Everything is working great; I hope it continues once the noisy stuff (alternator, ignition, etc.) is added.
Rivet count: 16 Total: 15877 - Plus 549 done at Van's