I had my brake reservior powder-coated yellow so it would be easy to spot and easy to see any leaks. I couldn't resist mounting it on the firewall, even though it will have to come back off when I rivet on the panel/subpanel structure. A friend says it will look like my engine sucked up a canary.
Since I'm anticipating the arrival of my brake lines anyway, it's time to begin the installation of the pedals. The first task was to assemble them. Much polishing of parts later and I'm ready to begin. I will be using aftermarket pedals and, as they are nearly a perfect match, I decided to use the stock structure as backing for them. That means I can only use universal rivets along the bottom row while the others will be flush. I also didn't bother with four rivets per pedal because they would interfere with the screws holding the pedal faces on and the screws (8) will more than make up for the missing rivets. On drilling for the screws, some holes (original rivet and new screw holes) were rather close together but the assembly is sturdy and I'm not really worried aboiut cracking here.
Rivet count: 48 Total: 15623 - Plus 549 done at Van's