Installed and countersunk the rear baffle, leaving every 10th hole untouched. Then I removed the baffle and scuffed the faying edges before cleaning all the edges on the tank and baffle (and Z-brackets, too) with Naptha. I then mixed up a double (2 oz.) batch of Proseal and applied it to the rear of the tank ribs and along the rivet lines at the rear of the tank. I made sure there was plenty at each corner to fill the gap. I then dropped in the baffle and clecoed it in place before riveting the baffle to the skins. Once riveted, I cleaned the skins of excess Proseal and moved to riveting the rear, starting with the pop rivets between the Z-brackets and the skin. Then I clecoed all the brackets in place, smearing a thin amount of Proseal on the mating surface, and pop-riveted all but the end brackets. During the whole pop-riveting job, three mandrels broke - after pulling - at the wrong place; I will have to trim them with a cut-off wheel. After the pop rivets, I set the solid rivets in the end ribs and countersunk and set the remaining skin rivets. Then I dabbed a little extra Proseal in the four corners of the baffle to be sure there were no voids and set the unit aside to allow the Proseal to set.
Rivet count: 229 Total: 15371 - Plus 549 done at Van's