Brief Description: Partially reassembled left tank
I took the top skin off the panel structure and again examined mounting locations for the VP-200 and LSE control boxes but need the latter on hand (they are now ordered) and more info about the instrument panel before I can continue. So, I decided to take the fuel tank previously prepared for assembly home so I could ProSeal in a warm environment. I assembled the ribs only into the skin so I had enough clecoes at home for the task as well as weighting the skin so it would not fly from the truck. I gathered the rest of the supplies I'd need except for riveting tools and added them to the load. While I was at it, I drilled the flange for the locking cap that will replace the stock cap. The fllange was over-machined for the skin curvature but it is impossible to file the flange back - it would leave the cap sitting high. Instead, I carefully under-countersunk where the flange did not sit flush with the skin. I will proseal the cap and rivet it after the proseal cures so that the proseal will fill the gap and not allow the skin to distort. The flange is flush around the opening, so there should be no problem with this method. I then transported all the parts home to prepare for final assembly.