I matched the template from Aerotronics to the kit-supplied panel blank and verified that the screw locations were the same. Then I installed the lower flange and the panel blank, using #8 screws to help hold the position of the panel. Then I cut the F-1003C, D, and E flanges. I dimpled the C flanges for platenuts and rivet them on, then attached them to the panel blank with clecos. I started fluting the D and E flanges but am not happy with the results - I didn't get enough curve but I have made the fluted flange way too wavy. I will try again with a shrinker instead and, if that doesn't work, may resort to notching the flange instead of fluting. This is all preliminary to fitting the deck skin.
Rivet count: 20 Total: 14624 - Plus 549 done at Van's