Brief Description: Inital mating of fuselage halves
Drilled and dimpled the F-1006B bulkhead per the instruction. Then I clecoed it into place on the forward fuselage and moved the tail-cone into position to be joined. Then the fun began. The lower corners didn't quite match up. Eventually I removed all the clecos from the forward fuselage to give me as much access between the skin and bulkhead as possible. Then I clecoed the uppermost two clecos (one on each side) with the tail cone canted up so that the bottom skins did not quite meet. I used the engine hoist to lift the tail to achieve this position. Then I slowly lowered the tail, pivoting the cone and adjusting the skins so they meshed in the proper fashion. Eventually I got the skins lined up and, as I inserted more clecos, starting from the top where the initial clecos had been installed, the fit got better and better. Eventually I had all the clecos in place and removed the hoist, using sawhorses to support the tail cone.