Brief Description: Installing the forward fuselage floors
Actually, a bit of this work was accomplished last Friday but I failed to get pictures or make a log entry. Anyway, I dimpled the floors as indicated and installed three nutplates in each. Then I slid the floors into position (now I see why the F-1088s are left until later), and clecoed them into place. I found that the riveted skins pulled the bottom channel out of place by about 3/16" and required a bit of work to get them lined up again. With the floors clecoed into place, I began the process of riveting them. The channels were not difficult, despite having pulled them back into position with clecos. But the forward-most row of rivets was difficult because the channel interfered with the rivet puller. Persistence prevailed. I got all but 33, which I'm going ahead and counting because I will do them tomorrow in preparation for the larger task of flipping the fuselage back over.
By the way, flipping the fuselage to rivet it was a great idea and it also made installing the floors pretty easy because I didn't have to pull rivets while bent over. I've got one of those adjusting creepers that I configured as a chair so I basically sat comfortably while reaching up and clecoing or pulling rivets. This may explain to you why the last two pictures look upside down.
Rivet count: 268 Total: 14285 - Plus 549 done at Van's