Brief Description: Riveting the parts from yesterday
Armed with camera this time, I took pictures of the work from yesteday and then began riveting things together. The seat covers were done with a squeezer but the seat rail supports were more easily done with a gun onto a bucking bar clamped to the work surface. When all the riveting was done, I turned to the right wing to begin attaching the ribs; I have been concerned about the spar sitting on sawhorses and otherwise at risk. I started fluting the ribs that hadn't been fabricated with the left wing, cutting the hole for the strobe/etc. conduit and clecoing the ribs in place. I had just realized that I would need to figure out a position and size for the Dynon magnetometer run and was pondering how to proceed when I got a call from Gary at Aerotronics. Talk about good timing. We discusse the magnetometer cable and also putting the Garmin magnetometer (GMU-44) in the already constructed left wing. With measurements in hand, Gary will be sending me cables ASAP so I can continue with the wings. Once I have both wings in the cradle, I can relax and concentrate on the fuselage.
Rivet count: 176 Total: 9587 - Plus 549 done at Van's