Brief Description: Bolt and rivet the foward bulkhead
Continuing from yesterday, I bolted in the upper forward bulkhead and torqued all the fasteners, marking them with torque seal. I then added the control mounts and torqued them. Then I rveted the outboard channel and side plate per the rivet callouts.
During the previous riveting session, while I was pondering the double-flush rivets, I noticed that the gear mount towers did not quite fit. Since there were clecoes in the way, I left the problem until now. Now I've got the clecos replaced with rivets, so I dropped in the floor and attempted to fit the gear towers in. They still don't quite fit and it looks like the interference is in the cutout in the bottom skin. I will carefully file them a little larger until I can get the towers to match the bolt holes drilled back when I put the forward bulkhead together.It'll have to wait until Monday as the Valle, AZ, fly-in is tomorrow and Sunday will be spent doing some work on the programming project my team should have finished before graduation.
Rivet count: 60 Total: 9411 - Plus 549 done at Van's