Brief Description: Assembled pitot heat control mount.
I fabricated a mount for the container I assembled yesterday from a left-over fuel tank end rib from my RV-6A. It had a stiffening ring slightly smaller than the one in the rib and was oriented in the other direction, so they both worked together to stiffen the entire area. I trimmed the fuel tank rib to cover the lightening hole in the wing rib and then drilled in the four corners (that should be more than enough strength for the light weight of both the control unit and the cover) and finally drilled the mount to the rib.
Next, I took the case and match-drilled the holes for the control's mounting screws into the mount. I removed the case and mount and checked that the screws would actually work in the mount before adding the nutplates for the screws to the mount (only, not the case as well - the case and control are attached to the mount with the three screws). I then primed the parts and, when they dried, riveted the nutplates to the mount and clecoed it back to the rib. The remaining assembly will occur when I am ready to install the pitot mount.
Rivet count: 18 Total: 6799 - Plus 549 done at Van's