KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Patrick Kelley (Flion)
' style=
Date:  5-28-2011
Number of Hours:  3.00
Manual Reference:  None
Brief Description:  Miscellaneous avionics tasks (mostly left wing)

I've been talking with Aerotronics about the wing harnesses and getting ready to final plan the fuselage. Gary wanted to know if there were any connectors that I had, so I spent some time going through the boxes of goodies to see what I had. None of the trim or AP servos had any connector hardware but in my poking about I found the door latch warning kit that I had completely forgotten about. So I pulled the parts out that needed to go to Aerotronics and then put the rest away for when I'm working on the cabin.

I also pulled out the trim kit and pitot kit since I'm working on the left wing. I spent a little time with the pitot mount though I will not install it until just before the bottom skins go on. I just made sure the plates fit over the streamline tube mount and that the pitot itself fit inside the tube. Both required a bit of shaping but it's ready to go.

I also spent a bit of time on the controller. One of the things they tell you is not to let the board short out, but they have you leave it uncovered out in the wing where condensation, dirt, debris, etc. can get to it. I located a scented candle last X-mas that came in a conveniently shaped tin, so I rooted the candle and its packaging out. I fit the board inside the lid (it's shallower so you get better access to the wiring) and drilled for the screws and spacers). I then fit the other half and drilled through both #40 180° apart so I can use a spring wire bail to secure the cover. I also located the hole for the wiring and drilled for a rubber grommet. Finally, I added a drain hole at the bottom. The tin just fits in a rib lightening hole, which I'll back with aluminum to mount the tin. All I need to do now is fab that mount, prime the tin, and make the wire bail.

While I was at it, I made up the parts for the aileron trim. It was too windy to prime but I went ahead and roughly assembled the parts after cleaning them up and deburring.
' style=





' style=




' style=




' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.