I began by marking the doublers as described in the instructions and then clamping them to the rear spar and match-drilling all the #30 holes. I went back an match-drilled the #40 holes in the spar flange. Then I marked the aileron pushrod hole onto the doubler and removed all the doublers. I used a unibit to make two of the vertices and then a nibbler to complete the rest of the hole. Clecoing the doubler back to the spar, I used flat and round files to take the hole to size and smooth all the edges.
Next I match-drilled the rib attachments and the inboard doublers. Removing all the pieces, I deburred all holes and edges. I countersunk the called out holes in the spar flange and bottom row of the inboard doubler and then primed all the doublers. While I waited for primer to dry, I drilled out and dimpled the 26 inboard holes on the upper spar flange. When the primer was dry, I clecoed all the parts back together, making sure a cleco was in all the holes I did not want to rivet. The next session will see the parts riveted together and the beginning of adding the upper skin.