First, I had gotten word from Van's that the hole in the spar really was a missing rivet. They said it could be filled with a bolt but offered to send a rivet. Since I had set the spar rivets in my -6A, I opeted for the rivet. It arrived over the weekend and I set the spar on some lumber to support it while I drove the rivet using my C-frame and a 5# sledge. The manufactured head of the other rivets was on the aft side, so I placed the spar aft-side up and drove the rivet downwards so the spar flange did not interfere with the C-frame. The only difference between my rivet and the factory ones is that their squeezing did not remove the alodine layer while my hammering did.
Next I riveted on the spar extensions and doublers. The pictures make it look like I forgot to remove the blue plastic but it's only that the bare aluminum looks blue next to the alodined aluminum.
Rivet count: 73 Total: 6039 - Plus 549 done at Van's