Brief Description: Drill and prepare wing spar extensions
I pulled the wing spars from the box and placed them on sawhorses side by side. I opened the plastic covering and pulled it back from the outboard ends so I could install the spar extensions. I also counted the factory-set rivets, only to find that one was apparently missing (see the arrow in the first picture). Now I'm glad I've been doing the rivet count. I've emailed Van's to see if it is indeed missing or deliberate, so the current count relfects what I found.
Next I clecoed on the spar extensions with their splice plates and match-drilled everything. Once done, I disassembled and deburred; the next step will be to rivet them back in place.
Rivet count: 0 Total: 5966 - Plus 549 done at Van's