Removed fuel pump assembly from fuselage to facilitate cleaning up the floor and also adding the pump cover. The return line interferes with the cover likely because the valve is positioned per the plans for a -6A while the pump and cover are intended for a -7/9. Since the cover is compromised as a sound barrier due to lack of floor in front of it and panel behind it, I decided to simple cut an access through the top, keeping it as small as possible. At a later time I can add some rubber strip leftover from the wing root to seal the opening. I cut the access right at the 'corner' where the cover slopes downward and then made keyhole slots to allow the cover to be positioned properly and also moved back so the return fitting could be tightened.
I also performed miscellaneous tasks, such as safetying the trim tab hinge and riveting the trim cable mount to the elevator.
Kenneth Romm came to do my pitot/static check but there was a short in the transponder antenna wire. Sticking a piece of wire into the transponder jack enabled him to determine that the transponder is functioning properly. We decided to wait to do the calibrations until I repaired the antenna but he did a quick check and determined that the pitot/static system is free of leaks.