-Monday (6/ 11): Finished hole deburring the Left elevator skin, edge deburred both skins and dimpled for the stiffeners. Kim came out and actually operated the DRDT2 while I positioned the skin... This made the job fly!!! It's so much quicker with 2 people, really. Then Kim dimpled the trim access reinforcement plate solo while I wrapped up the deburring
- Wednesday (6/13): Prekoted the skins, the load of stiffeners and the trim access reinforcement plate (E-615). I thought I could wait till friday to prime but after reviewing the prekote info, I decided it was better get to it with in the recommended 24hrs. This process seems to be a time killer for me still! I don't know how I can speed it up... I could not imagine doing the old-school surface conversion process!
-Thursday (6/14): Got after the priming. AKZO epoxy primed all of the preped parts. I'm getting faster at this process now even after wrestling with the spray gun a bit. after cleaning up, I notice that the primer was a little light on some of the stiffener webs. This is fine for now though, I'll touch those up later after match drilling the skeleton to the skins.
Time update: with this entry, I'm currently sitting at 121.25 hours. That's 1/20th of the total time expected for this project. I'm guessing I have about 15-20 more hours of work to go before this section is complete (less fiberglass).
I also made some decisions on final attachment hardware... I'll put that info in the deviation from plans section