I went to the Deland Aviation Showcase yesterday, so I did not get anything done on the RV. While at the showcase, I spoke with Vic Syracuse about doing my DAR inspection next year. I spent some time at the Dynon booth checking out their display and seeing how everything connects. Dan gave me a hat for Ginger that Kirk had promised her while at the Tampa AOPA fly-in the week before (no hats there) and I got a hat as well. I talked with Mark Greenberg about the Bearhawk and spent a lot of time with my friends at Sport Performance Aviation (home of the Panther). I also checked out the Safari 400 helicopter. Really cool machine.
I got back to my build today. The ELT mount that I purchased from Van's years ago did not have platenuts in the correct position to mount the ACK E-04 ELT tray. Unfortunately, I had previously riveted the mounting bracket into the fuse. I drilled out the pulled rivets, removed the mounting bracket, installed platenuts in the proper locations, and attached the new tray to the bracket. I then tried to reattach the bracket but (even more) unfortunately, when I drilled out the lower rivets, I enlarged one of the holes. I ended up using an AN3 bolt in place of a pulled rivet there. I sliced my finger on the unfinished edge of the mounting strap hinge. I strapped the ELT into place and begain pulling the wiring through the fuse. I called it quits early as today is Pete's birthday and so the four of us went out to dinner. Tommorow night, Pete and I will continue to run some wiring.