KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Bretts Web Site
' style=
Date:  2-19-2018
Number of Hours:  3.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Prep for covering

Finally decided to use Oratex for the covering. I decided on it mainly because I just do not have the room to paint plus I now live in a condo so using stits would have caused a riot. I ordered the Oratex on Friday so it should be here in a few weeks. I am going with white and I will probably paint some kind of stripes on it after I have the plane done. I took the tailfeathers and doors off of the fuselage and started preping the wings for primer. I had previously primed the inside of the spars so I will now paint all of the aluminum inside the wings. I did find a slight problem on my trailing edges in that there is a 90 deg bend to add strength on the front side of them which should be inside the wing. After checking across the ribs with a level I found several of them stuck out past where the covering goes across. It wasn't a big deal just had to trim them down and then smooth the rough edge out. Just glad I noticed before covering. I then removed all the dust off of them and wiped them down with a cloth dampened with alcohol. I Hope to put the primer on this week.
' style=

The end of the Aluminum extending past the rib caps

The end of the Aluminum extending past the rib caps

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2020 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.