I have now started the riveting of the tail cone. Again there are a lot of rivets. I can't believe how much fun I am having doing such mind numbing repetitive tasks.... :-)
I have now completed the bottom and sides.
I completed all of this riveting using the back riveting technique as used by many others and found it a way better method. Even though I had help, it appeard much more controllable and an easier to manage method.
I have been a little nervous of this process, however, as you can see, I have checked for squareness and it is 'dead square'. These kits are fantastic where it counts. Found some issues, however, a giant mechano set it is..