After moving the aircraft to Bachuss Marsh, I took last weekend off and spent it with my brother and his wife and kids and of course Jacquie and Jamie down at Wilsons Prom. On my return and with a few days of partial holiday part work, I was on a mission.
Lots of work over the last 5 days has been completed on getting to todays 8pm effort of attaching the wings to the fuselarge.
This comprised electrical through to flight control trims and major attachments. A few items that need following up and a few items requireing some adjustment.
I was petrified that the bolts would not go through all the way and would find themselved stuck half way. Thankfully this do not happen, however they did need some coersion and a little bit of machine oil.
It was a very stressful day as the platenuts required for the wing root attachment were not present. Thankfully, Peter C had a whole lot of them 'lying around'. This allowed me to complet all of the attach points bar a couple of lug nut items.
Paul worked feverishly on the wiring of the left wing after it was attached while dada and I worked on attaching the right wing. We pulled the plug at 8:30pm after the right wing was attached and the landing light had been fired up.
All I can say is that this was a very adrenaline filled day.