Last night Dad and I went to the Airport to fit the propellor to the plane.
Up until then, I had not noticed that the tips of the prop were also white. This sets the aircraft paint scheme that I am after off quite well.
For those who have done this before it is quite an excercise. I needed to remove the "plug" from the mounting hub before fitting the prop.
After a quick call to Mick (i.e. Haynes), I remoived the plug, cleaned the area and fit the prop. 2 turns on each nut at a time for about 15 minutes..... What a pain.
Taped two spanners together and calculated out the required torque to be set on the torque wrench.
Final figure was:
This calculation is to take into account the additional length of the extension (i.e. the spanner) of 8.25".
(60 x 1.25)/(1.25+0.6875) = 42 ft Lbs set at the torque wrench.
Now all I need todo is complete the lockwiring of the nuts and it is complete.
I did have issues mounting the fairing,so I am going todo soime investigation on how people have gone with this while the propellor is mounted. Anyhow expect wings and wiring to nbe completed within next two weeks.