Dad, Paul and I spent the day fitting the instrument panel to the airframe. The main reason for this was that the switch holes relative to the mounting bar were approx 3mm to low. As such I "drilled down" and increased the mounting rivets from a 3 to a 5. This gained me approx 1.5mm. I then adjusted the holes that mounted the bar to the panel itself down by approx the same.
In the end the panel fit beautifully and the switches along the bottom fit nice and snug.
One change that was made late in the game which has had a small impact os the alternate heat push/pull cable. It goes out the back over the drop down panel and reduces the drop down panel effectiveness. I will need to slide the panel along further towards the outside without affecting the rudder trim mechanism.
We also noted some minor modifications required for the instruments to correctly fit. These are no big issue. Just general stuff.
Got an email from Tim at Approach Stack and my gear is being sent through to AFS for bundling and ready for shipment. Should not be long now. :-)