Over the course of the last two days, I Dad, Paul and I have been working on the cabin top final attachment to the fuselage.
Saturday I realised that I actually drilled a #40 hole instead of the #40 hole for the pop rivets. As such I needed to redrill, re-dimple and recoutersink all of the holes.
Now of course I could have pounded some rivets into the structure instead of doing all of tht, however, I was unsure of the reason we were using pop rivets in this loation rather than the standard rivets. So I made the change.
It took probably 3 hours to make the change, however, I was happier knowing I went with the plans.
Today we completed the final fitment. All of the sides are pop riveted and the bolts are in, torqued and marked. No going back now.