Brief Description: Positioning torque / Counter weight Arm
I took the weights off the elevators today and the movement was so smooth. I have some sanding to do on the canard underside to get full deflection in the upward movement and that’s no big deal. It was time to take the elevators off and get ready for the center hinge to go in place. I marked out its location and cut and drilled out the foam. I used a fishing line to get it lined up and when happy it was glued into place with 5 minute epoxy and flox. Once set the micro was poured into place and the top fill with thicker micro. The other hinges were then filled with the thick micro. Next will be bolting up the elevator tubes for control.