KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

JAMESs Web Site
' style=
Date:  6-26-2014
Number of Hours:  4.50
Manual Reference:  9.4.3
Brief Description:  Top strake went on tonight

I started tonight by sanding the flanges and cleaned up with acetone. I mixed up some resin with flox and painted the flanges were the areas will be gluing into place tonight with floxed resin. I mixed up the resin and flox with cabocil and put into a small plastic freezer bag to apply like frosting on a cake. I covered the top of the spare and worked my way foreword with the bag of flox squeezing out making a nice line of resin ½ x ½. I painted the front of the strake with flox resin on both surfaces to have a good seal. It took 48 shots of resin to mix enough to fit the top on. The resin oozed out of the wheel well and I radiuses it from the underside.

I practiced a few time starting with the front wing side and it seemed to work well. I set up a 1x4 to hold up the top before letting down. It was now or never the resin was in place so I grabbed the top and put in place. It went very well doing it by myself.

Don’t forget the ground wire. I had resin all over mine and had to clean up.
I set the incidence one more time; I can’t believe how much thing change with the top on. The wing went from back being lifted to the back being weighted down. Time to let cure now for a few days.
' style=

Sanded the flanges and ready

Sanded the flanges and ready

' style=

Bead of flox inplace for top

Bead of flox inplace for top

' style=

WOW the top is on

WOW the top is on

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2017 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.