Brief Description: Engine work and prep for mounting
What a job it has been working with a cut thumb. I did get a lot done this weekend, fabricated the top mount to fuselage, triax on the bottom holes and worked on the NACA outlets. I wonted a bit more safety on the engine mounting so on the mount that came with the engine a top support was added to go up to the top on the firewall. I picked up a tig welder off eBay for this and the exhaust. Once it was tacked into place with the tig the engine was removed and the engine mount removed also: now I know how to remove the engine mounts.. I finished the welding using Oxy acetylene as my hand could not move around the tubing fast enough, any way it got done and came out ready nice for the condition I’m in. The triax on the bottom motor mount holes were just catching the bolts so I added a bit more in the area. The NACA outlet plenums were a bit short on he top and some pre made glass was glued on and will be fitted when set. The header tank has a few hard points that will not be used so plugs will go in to seal off.