Brief Description: Made alternate air source for fuel servo.
I started this project cutting the pipe to fit in between the fuel servo and the air filter (I later added 3/8” on both ends so the clamps have a good grip). The hole was cut in the side with a 2 ½” hole saw. The pipe to come off at 90 degrees was marked and cut with a jig saw and finished with the angel grinder with a sanding / polishing disk then a file to get the best fit. The joint was tig welded and then the flap was cut with a hole saw and this worked out great. I drilled the hole for the bolt to pass trough that the flap was to bolt too. The ¼” x 4” bolt was placed in the vice and a side was ground off level with the vice face and now I have a place for the plate to sit onto. The holes were drilled to bolt the flap too with model airplane bolts that I had 4-40 was used for this. I made the arm to move the flap and that was welding on and it work surprisingly well with a gap of 1/64”. Now I need a cable to work this flap.