KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

JAMESs Web Site
' style=
Date:  9-24-2014
Number of Hours:  4.50
Manual Reference:  9.3.4
Brief Description:  Triax Strake ends

I started by sanding everything up and wet out with acetone and blew off to remove any fibers. I had cut the Triax the day before to get ready for the glass work to be done on the strake ends.
I mixed up micro balloons with a few scoops of flox into the resin to fill in the ends for fuel proofing and radius the tight corners for the Triax to go into. After the micro/flox was in place I did a 2 bid (Bidirectional) 3”x 16” cloth lay-up on top to seal and have the same strength as the rest of the strake end.
Now the triax was wetted out one at a time and placed around the end so that the overlapping joints were not in the same spot. I had to cut relived spots to have lie down with out bumps. The 4”x 29” long wet fiber glass cloth had my skills to the max trying to get it to stay upside down with out falling to gravity. I just kept working with it until happy with the results. I then used the heat gun 1 hour later to bring the resin up trough the peel-ply with the brush. I find that a painting shaking action will wet out better then stippling the Dacron (peel-ply) cloth.
I have to cut out the wire slots on the end ribs to finish up.
' style=

Pliot side with Peel-ply

Pliot side with Peel-ply

' style=

Turned out great! Peel-ply off

Turned out great! Peel-ply off

' style=

Co-Pilot side done as well

Co-Pilot side done as well

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2017 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.