Brief Description: Wing strake cut out and fuel proofing top strakes
Back to working on the plane from a visit with Asia in Vancouver BC.
I lowered the plane cradle to move the plane so that the laser would line up for the wing stake cut out to be done. It took a few moves to get it in the right spot and then I marked it for the cut. I removed the top and continued the line on the leading edge for the cut. Once again the door opened as it should and now I can work from this side of the plane for the instrument panel and brakes.
I got the top stakes ready for fuel proofing by sanding and wipe down with acetone, I now have 2 coats on as I write this.
It may-be late May for the pre-cove inspection to be done as people are away so there is a lot to do in the mean time.