KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Safari Helicopter Construction
' style=
Date:  5-29-2010
Number of Hours:  4.00
Manual Reference:  
Brief Description:  Modification of Fuel Tank Caps

After the hard landing incident it was apparent that I needed a more reliable fuel venting method than the original self-venting caps. I decided to modify the original caps with a vent tube extending from the top of the cap. This design was used on earlier models. I simply formed steel auto brake line into a 'U" shape. The hole was drilled for a "force fit" so a small amount of sanding on the tube end was necessary for a tight fit. The tube extends about a 1/2" into the cap. I used a high strength 2-part solvent resistant epoxy adhesive to bond the tube on the inside. There is a depression in the underside of the cap that forms a well around the tube stem and the epoxy fills that well quite nicely. Just think...two dollars worth of tubing and a little more common sense could have avoided this expensive lesson.
' style=





' style=




' style=




' style=










Copyright © 2001-2022 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.