Brief Description: Drill holes for new left spar nose rib attachments
Spent probably 6 hours reviewing the builders log, photos, and the parts themselves to reacquaint myself with work that was done over the past 4 years. I have not done any work for the past ~`3 months.
I drilled all holes for spar web doubler to final diameter, see fig. 1:
1. Holes at ends of doubler through shims and holes through middle shim that will attach rear rib no. 4 and 6-ZU-1-4 for nose rib no. 3 were drilled to #30 for 1/8" solid rivets. Holes through the middle shim that attach 6-ZU-1-3 were drilled to #20 for 5/32" solid rivets, because the holes through the web had already been drilled for A5 blind rivets.
2. Holes for upgrade parts 6-ZU-1-4 and 6-ZU-1-2 for nose ribs nos. 1 and 2 were drilled to #20 for 5/32 solid rivets.
3. The complete assemble for nose ribs nos. 1-3 were clecoed into place as shown in Fig. 2 to double check alignment.
4. Also drilled 5 "mistake" holes in spar web at doubler location to no. 40 so I can fill them with 3/32" solid rivets.
5. Cut and drilled 6-ZU-1-5, bottom cap angle. Deburrend and primed.