KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Terrences Web Site
' style=
Date:  12-8-2012
Number of Hours:  8.00
Manual Reference:  6-ZU-1p16
Brief Description:  Project Restart: Logging work done in 2012

1. Project Restart: Looking at the photos of the patch, it is obvious that back in 2012 I did more work on the left spar than was recorded in the 12/6/12 log entry:

a. I cut out the ovaled hole removing the dented region of the web and cut a plug from .040 to fill the hole.
b. I cut the doubler patch from .040 aluminum.
c. I cut shims 1/4" x 21mm x 133mm for the edges of the doubler patch.
d. I cut a shim 1/4" x36mm x 133mm to fit between the doubler patch and the web where NR-3 and RR-4 attach to the web.
e. I drilled 3/32" holes through the web, shims, and doubler patch at the edges of the doubler.
f. Matching the existing holes for RR-4, I drilled 3/32" holes through the doubler and 36-mm shim.
g. Matching the existing holes for NR-3, I drilled 1/8" holes through the doubler and 36-mm shim.
e. I accidentally drilled 5 5-3/32" holes through the web between the outboard edge of the doubler and the holes for RR-4 (see photo 2).
f. I cut, trimmed, and drilled the bottom cap angle for the left wing, 6-ZU-1-5. Then deburred, scoured and primed it. The final piece was 100-mm long. I put in 5-3/32" pilot holes on a 20-mm pitch on the short edge. Possibly I should have skipped the pilot holes and drilled the holes through the nose skin.

That pretty much summarizes where I am right now, as I begin to build again.
' style=

Rear view showing patch location

Rear view showing patch location

' style=

Detail of oval plug in web

Detail of oval plug in web

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2018 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.