After all the trouble I had with the AeroVee, I grounded N331EX in February of 2016. I brought the plane home to my shop and started removal of the AeroVee. We had already purchased a CAMit 2200 for another project and it was in my shop ready to go. The other project was put on hold and installation of CAMit engine on N331EX began. Because the CAMit was so much lighter than the AeroVee, a new engine mount was required that was 7 inches longer than the AeroVee mount. I was able to obtain the mount from an individual who was going to mount a 2200 Jabiru on his Onex and decided not to do that. Once I had the mount in my shop I proceeded to build a jig so another mount could be fabricated for my hangar partner's Onex who was also removing his AeroVee and putting a CAMit 2200 on.
The installation proceeded after the above and it went smoothly with a few delays because of some out of town work I had to do. The mount worked out great and I used the same electric fuel pump, fuel filter, gascolator, and fuel flow indicator. I had a fuel pump because I used a Rotec MKII TBI on the AeroVee. I had a chance to clean up some of the wiring to my Dynon Skyview I also added a fuel pressure sensor that outputed to the Dynon.
The best thing I did during original construction was NOT rivet the glareshield and windscreen. I used nut plates for all glareshield attachments and an aluminum strip with nut plates for the windscreen.
First engine start was on July 17,2016 and the engine fired and started before one complete revolution of the prop. The prop used is a Prince P-tip 54X50