Sanded the epoxy/flox in the filled holes flush with the canopy skirts. Clecoed the skirts in place on the bubble/frame and drilled the remaining holes in the aft section. I used a new method for this. Rather than the method called out in the plans (two intersecting lines) I laid a strip of white electrical tape on the canopy at the hole locations (before the skirts were clecoed on) and drew a single line that lined up with the center of the hole. Then I marked a point that was 4 inches up from the hole center. With the skirt in place I measured along the line and marked the point on the skirt that was 4 inches from the mark. I then used the #40 drill bit in the drill and turned it by hand to mark the center of the hole. Next I drilled the #30 centered on that point. This worked well and all the holes were on the money or close to it.
Drilled out the temporary rivets holding the canopy bubble to the frame. Used the center punch to knock the rivet mandrel in so I could center the drill bit in the rivet. Used a #30 drill to drill the rivet head off and then drilled the body of the rivet out.
Installed temporary rivets in the holes adjacent to the ones that the rivets were drill out of.
Drilled holes through the canopy skirt at the locations where the original rivets had been.
Trimmed the tops of the skirts to 5/16" up from the rivet hole centers.
Opened up all of the holes in the skirt and canopy frame to #30
Improved method for locating the holes in the canopy frame