Today Vicky and I went into the shop for two hours before going to work. A lot of fun.
This morning we sanded the coat of polyurethan applied last night to the top of the bench. It worked out well and was easy to sand. Once we had it smooth, Vicky applied another coat of the clear sealer. We're using the water-based product from MinWax which is easy to apply, dries quickly, and doesn't stink up the shop as it dries.
While Vicky was doing that, I was moving tools around the shop, getting them into their final positions, and getting another building bench in place. Also, getting organized. It was great to finally get my tools organized.
I've wanted a shop like this for a long time - well equipped and well organized. It's great fun to finally get it done.
Later in the day, I took a quick lunch break and went to the shop (200 feet from my regular work office) and sanded the clearcoat from this morning. Then applied the third, and final coat. We should have a well protected and attractive bench.